Monday, October 03, 2011

Tuesday Tales

Welcome to Tuesday tales. I'm going to continue with my characters Alexandra and Billy. I'm going back in time to the beginning of their relationship. Hope you enjoy the short.


Black Lace Panty

Inviting Billy to her home for the first time for dinner scared Alexandra to death. How could she have been so stupid to invite Billy over without thinking? The musical note clock on the kitchen wall read twelve forty-five, leaving her a little over six hours to prepare dinner, straighten and clean the whole house. To add to everything, she had to wash a bundle of clothes. Hiding them in the shower was out of the question. The mirrored shower doors would still expose the over flowing basket.

Alexandra opened both the freezer and refrigerator doors and stood staring at the overstuffed shelves. What could she make that wouldn’t take up a great deal of time, but yet make an exquisite meal. She wanted to prepare a meal that would impress him. Or was it the sweet desert that matter more?

By the time she folded her last pair of panties the timer on the stove went off, the lasagna was done. That gave her less than an hour to get dressed and set the dining room table with her grandmother’s fine china. Tonight had to be perfect down to the ivory lace linen tablecloth. Returning to the kitchen she stirred the gravy with the meatballs and sausage, and lit the long white pillar candles on the dining room table. She dimmed the lights with fifteen minutes to spare, or thought she did until the doorbell rang seconds later.

Her heart palpitated as she opened the door. “Hi. You’re early.”

“Always.” He kissed her lips, handed her a bottle of wine and walked into the house. “Mmm. It seems delicious in here. I hope you didn’t go crazy.”

“Not at all. I threw the meal together in no time.” She bit her tongue. It didn’t hurt to tell a little white lie. No way would she admit how much work she put into preparing dinner.

“Good. I have something else for you.”

In his other hand hidden behind his back he revealed a bouquet of red roses. “For you.”

“Thank you. It will make the perfect center piece.”

“Let me help you. I’ll open the bottle of wine while you get the vase.”

“Works for me.”

Her nerves had dissipated and she felt relaxed. Billy always had a smile of his face, which brought out his dimples even more. Sometimes she found it hard to resist running her fingers along his cheeks. She wasn’t comfortable enough with him to be initiate making love, but as soon as he touched her, making that first move, she was there.

Billy walked into the kitchen and handed her a wine glass. “Time for you to sit down and enjoy the evening.” Pointing to the stove, “I know you worked really hard to make everything just right.”

“I will as soon as I get dinner on the table."

“Tell me what needs to be done.”

“I got it. Please sit down and relax.”
Ignoring her, he took the sliced bread off the counter and tripped over a white kitten. “Hey sorry,” he said looking at the kitten sitting at his feet.

“Don’t mind Snowflake. She loves company. She’ll be sitting on your lap by the end of the night.”

“Really?”

“You’re not allergic are you?”

“Not at all.”

“Would you be so kind to give me a hand and help me bring dinner into the dining room.”

“Need you ask.” He walked over to the counter and before lifting the lasagna tray off the counter he brushed a kiss across her forehead. “How about you turn on the music,” he pointed with his chin at the stereo.

“Anything in particular.”

“How about Lite FM. This way we hear the best of all genres.”

“I’d like that.”

Before sitting down, Alexandra turned the radio on and lit the candles. The crystal candlestick holders had belonged to her grandmother who received them as a wedding present over sixty years ago. Tonight was the perfect time to pull them out.

“I am impressed with everything. The lasagna is great and the meatballs as good as my mom’s.”

“Wow. That’s an awesome compliment.”

“It’s the truth. And might I add, I can see all the hard work you put into this being the perfect night.”

Her lips slightly parted and the laugh lines around her eyes became more pronounced. “I tried my best.”

Billy reached over and rested his hand on top of hers and squeezed it. “I bet you do this for all your dinner dates.”

“Caught me. Now my secret is out.”

Leaning over he softly kissed her lips. The kiss made her yearn even more for the warmth of his arms around her waist. Maybe tonight would be the night she would open the door to her heart and let him in.

“May I have this dance?” He stood up and extended his hand out to her.

Alexandra took his hand and danced into his arms. The warmth of his hands penetrated through her navy blue blouse setting her heart on fire. She’d let him lead the way.

By the end of the song, their bodies were crushed together, but not for long. When the pace of the music picked up Billy led her to the couch.
“I thought we’d sit down for a bit, finish our wine and wait for the next romantic song to be played.”

“That sounds great.”

Billy took their wine glasses and placed them down on the cocktail table. He sat down next to her and put his arm around her shoulder. As he leaned over to kiss her a loud thumping sound came from over their heads.

“What was that?”

“Just the kitten. She must have fallen…”

Before she could finish, Snowflake jumped onto the cocktail table with Alexandra’s black lace panty hanging from her mouth.

“Oh dear,” Alexandra blushed.

Conveniently, Snowflake dropped the panty on the table right in front of Billy. Lifting it he said, “You can’t make this stuff up. Funny how Snowflake read my mind.”

“Yes it is.”

Billy stood and reached his hand out to Alexandra. “I want to dance the night away with you.” He pulled Alexandra into his arms and kissed her lips.

“I’d really like that too.”


Please take a moment to stop by and visit the Tuesday Tales website where you will find wonderful stories from other authors. Click here

1 comment:

  1. Love this story and the way you build the romance. Very sweet and sexy at the same time. I will be returning every week to read another chapter in your characters story. Well done, Karen. Loved it!

    ReplyDelete