Saturday, December 17, 2011

The Twelve Days of Christmas


With the holiday season upon us, it is our time to reflect on the year gone by and start getting together a list of resolutions for the New Year. This is one of my comic relief poems...what I call the quick pick me upper when the muse comes to a halt.


On the twelfth day of Christmas, my critique group sent to me Twelve hours of nonstop writing,

Eleven great plots with a twist,

Ten true to life characters,

Nine boxes of tissues,

Eight books on writing,

Seven bottles of liquor,

Six packs of post-it-notes,

Five colored pencils,

Four reams of paper,

Three black ink cartridges,

Two laser printers,

And a brand new apple computer.


I’d like to wish all my fellow writers and readers a Happy and Healthy Holiday season. I hope the New Year brings forth all your dreams come true.

1 comment: