This week, I decided to put my story on hold to reflect on the things I am thankful for. Staten Island is in a state of devastation and luckily I made it through the storm with minor damage. My thoughts and prayers are with all the victims on the East Coast.
I'd also like to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving full of love, hope and health.
Everyone sat around the beautifully decorated table, dressed with their family heirloom dishes and knick-knacks to celebrate Thanksgiving. This year, however, would be much different. I have a lot to be thankful for, you know the little things we all take for granted.
1. My Home: When I get up in the morning, I wake up to a warm house and the scent of dinner cooked from the night before. I have a chill, so I walk over to the thermostat, crank it up, and then complain when it gets too hot in the house. A roof over my head…totally grateful.
2. My Family: Just knowing my parents and brother are only a phone call away, leaves me with peace of mind. They will never let me go hungry and will always give me the emotional support I need, anytime, any day.
3. My Kids: Oh yeah, now that’s a big challenge. From infants to adults, they have made the past 23 years of my life fly by with a snap of the fingers. But for their love, I am truly grateful.
4. My Career: I always wanted to be an author since I was fourteen years old. This year, I have two novels out and a two book deal for my Mystical Wonders Series. Totally grateful.
5. My Stallion: What we share together, other people never find in a lifetime. Things might not be perfect, but his love and support is something I will never again take for granted. It’s because of him I am the woman I am today.
6. My Friends: For your words of inspiration and encouragement.
This Thanksgiving will be different for many because of Hurricane Sandy. So as you celebrate Thanksgivings, be thankful for what you have, and for life.