Sunday, July 17, 2016

Tuesday Tales - Word Prompt - Write



Welcome to this weeks Tuesday Tales to the Word Prompt - Write. This is a Contemporary Romance which is untitled. Thanks for stopping by.


Robbie stepped out of the elevator first, holding his hand out to Jill. She slid her hand into his as he led her outside into the blast of cold air. Despite the ice cold weather, Jill forgot how beautiful Manhattan looked with a fresh layer of snow hanging off the trees. As a teen her parents had brought her to Rockefeller Center to go ice-skating.  She always loved the freedom she felt skating around, in and out of the crowds.

“Are you up for a short walk?” he asked squeezing her hand.

Jill lifted up her left foot and pointed at her Uggs boots.  “I am good to go.”

“Perfect because I love walking around in…”he trailed off.

“Are you going to tell me where you’re taking me?”

“I’m going to share with you the one place that sooths my soul.”

Jill had no idea where he was taking her.  Not that it matter.  She looked forward to seeing the place that Robbie wanted to share with her. He slid his hand into her wool gloves.  She wondered if this was friendly or if she should read something more into it.  However, after writing on the soap, she knew questioned if true love was even possible, especially since she couldn’t keep her marriage together.

“I look forward to sharing this with you. I could use going to a place to sooth my soul, since it seems that I have a lot of writing ahead of me.”

“If you can write the next few episodes like you wrote the first three, than I don’t think you are going to have a problem at all. And I will give you the time you need to get your work done.  I just feel that after signing the contract, we need to celebrate.”

“I agree. I just can’t believe how fast things are going.  I never expected to be working.  I thought I would be sending resume after resume looking for something.”

“That’s why like is so unexpected.  You never know what’s going to happen from one minute to another.  Finding you was pure luck in more ways than one,” Robbie said squeezing her hand.  “Just a little further.”

They walked along the outside of Central Park. The last time Jill was here was right before   She would sit on the Great Lawn with her writing pad writing out scenes for a book she wanted to write. Funny, how writing a book turned into a long raining stunt writing for a soap opera.
she left
for California. She always loved Central Park, especially during the summer when all the trees where bloomed.

Robbie led her into the park. She held his hand tightly as the walkway was filled with snow and ice.

Robbie stopped walking and faced Jill. “I come here all the time. I hope you appreciate this as much as I do.”

“I’m sure I will. Hopefully I get enough inspiration to spend the night writing away.”

“I have no doubt that you will. Come on, follow me.”

As they walked further onto the path, the sign “Strawberry Field”
was a few feet before they hit the circle. Jill was familiar with this spot as she sat down on the bench many a day listening to amateur musicians playing John Lennon’s songs.

“I’ve been here many times, Robbie. In fact I always sit on the bench over there,” she pointed. “Can we sit there?”

Robbie’s eyebrows flew up.  “That’s the same bench I sit in when I come here. This has always been my place before I moved to California.”

Robbie didn’t answer.  Instead, when a musician starting playing John Lennon’s music on his guitar, Robbie pulled her up against him and started dancing with her, dancing for the duration while the middle aged hippy played his acoustic guitar. 

8 comments:

  1. I'm getting the feeling they were meant to be together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm getting the feeling they were meant to be together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job. Loved seeing Strawberry Fields on my visit to NYC. I used it in one of my books, too. Hope things work out for these two.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like Susanne, I used Strawberry Fields in one of my books too. What a beautiful coincidense that they share the same bench!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love seeing where this story is heading!
    I'll bet you chuckled when you saw the weekly prompt. Not a hard word to work into your story line, was it?C
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the New York in winter setting and where this story is going. They have so much in common!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the New York in winter setting and where this story is going. They have so much in common!

    ReplyDelete