Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Hump Day Hook

Welcome to this week's Hump Day Hook.  This excerpt is from my WIP Mystical Wonders - Book 3 - The Right Call.



-->
“It was.  I was the kid that every team wanted. Not to sound vain, but my quick success, put me on a fast road that I wasn’t ready for at all.”  Scott lifted his knife and cut his meat.  “I went from a half a season in the minor leagues right to the Penguins, where I’ve been their number one pitcher for the past twenty-six years.  But now, my future is in the hands of the upper brass, or shall I say me.”  Scott took a bite of his steak.  He lifted up his knife.  “Awesome.  Go ahead eat.”

4 comments:

  1. This is well done. I see so many authors just do an info dump with exposition. So much better to have it as dialogue, and this is succinct enough not to be a lecture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked this. A great style to the writing x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how he so easily changes the subject at the end!

    ReplyDelete