Monday, July 29, 2013

Tuesday Tales – Bargain




Welcome to this weeks Tuesday Tales to the word prompt Bargain.  This is unedited so please excuse the errors.  I hope you are enjoying Pia and Lorenzo's story.                                            

Pia’s emotions were flying high.  When Lorenzo dropped her off the night before he had been vague about what was going on in his mind.  What decision was he talking about?  Maybe he needed to make a decision if he wanted to be with her? 

“Stop,” she yelled covering her eyes with her hands.  She had to stop speculating about what Lorenzo was going to say to her.

Pacing back and forth in her living room, she kept looking at the clock on the cable box.  Five minutes seemed live five hours.  Lorenzo had called earlier saying he would be over by three.

By quarter to three, Pia had been in and out of the bathroom at least a dozen times.  She had no idea what to expect.  But deep down she had a feeling that things weren’t going to go as she wished them to.  Why did she listen to Lisa?  She should have told Lorenzo from the beginning.  Now he had to deal with more than he had bargained for. 

When the doorbell rang, her heart dropped.  Deep down, she knew her walking papers were just moments away.  She would never forget the look on his face when Larry called her his wife.

Pia slid the door open.  “Hi.”

Lorenzo walked in giving her a quick peck on her cheek.  Pia bit her bottom lip as she closed the front door.  She didn’t want to cry.  She’d take the breakup in stride and wait for him to leave to cry her eyes out.

“Can I get you something?”

“Hmm…water… no.”  Lorenzo sat down on the couch. “If you don’t mind I’d love a cup of coffee.”

“Not at all.  I already have a pot ready.  If you excuse me for a moment, I’ll be right back.”

Pia felt her eyes water.  Lorenzo had a blank look on his face.  No emotion at all.  He had yet to look her in the eyes.  She was no fool.  She knew exactly what was coming.

Reaching on her tippy toes, she slid the white serving tray with flip-flop boarder off the top of the refrigerator.  She placed the coffee in a matching thermal pitcher, along with matching coffee mugs, sugar and a box of bakery cookies.  She grabbed the creamer out of the refrigerator and walked into the living room.

She placed the long rectangular tray on the table.  Before sitting down, she poured the coffee. 

“Cookie?”  she asked opening the box.

Lorenzo looked into the box.  He patted his stomach as he reached into the box.  “You’re killing me with your Italian cookies.  You know they are my weakness.”

“I know.” She nervously giggled.   This was torturous not knowing what he had to tell her.  

Lorenzo lifted his mug, took a sip.  “Are you all right?”

“Yes.  Why?” she asked, trying her best to keep her composure.

“You don’t seem yourself.  You seem kinda nervous.”  He placed his hand on her knee.  “There’s no reason to be.”

“Okay,” she shook her head.

“I made some decisions and I didn’t want to leave you hanging any more than you had to.”

“I appreciate that.”

“Would you like to go out, get a bite to eat? ”  He stood.  “What do you say?”

“I’d love to.” 








My Books


13 comments:

  1. You`re killing me here.

    Great post! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. leaving us hanging- nice writing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the many times to the bathroom part. I do that when I'm waiting for someone. Made me giggle. Now, about this cliffhanger.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. What the hell???? I want to know NOW!! Great cliffhanger. But I'm not a patient person.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So how long are you and Lorenzo going to keep us in suspense?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great details! Good build up of tension. Look forward to finding out what Lorenzo does.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cliffhanger, although ... waiting another week? At least she doesn't have to be nervous :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now, I want to know what he has to say that warrants a dinner. Maybe this raised her hopes some?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh dam, you left the carrot dangling, I need to know more.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You built the suspense well, I hope we find out more next week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. No...don't leave us hanging! I'm dying to know the decision he had to make. Don't want to wait until next week! Great excerpt!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You left me hanging. I am anxious as Pia.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Left us hanging, but I did watch your trailers. Very nice. Did you do those on your own or have a company do them?

    ReplyDelete