Friday, May 19, 2017

Tuesday Tales Bookstore

Welcome to our first Tuesday Tales Bookstore post. This week I'm going to share with you Wild Pitch with is a baseball novella.

THE WILD PITCH

Blurb: Pia Tallisico loves baseball, she loves the New York Pelicans. On a solo trip to the ballpark she meets Pelican relief pitcher, Lorenzo Marcus, which causes an instant spark between them. As the season progresses, so does their relationship. When a secret Pia buried away slowly unravels, an additional unknown deceitful twist arises. Will Pia's secret cause Lorenzo to walk away from the only woman he ever loved?

Excerpt 
The game went by quickly, being played in a little over two hours. Her team the New York Pelicans won by the score one to nothing. Games like this, wound up taking more time traveling than the actual time she sat there. Pia got herself a cup of coffee from the vendor cart before making her way through the crowd back to her car. Since she had been so late, thanks to the extra heavy traffic, the only parking spots left were in the back of the stadium. She hated parking in the back lot, as it always took longer to get out of the parking lot.
Pia got into her car, carefully placing the coffee cup in the holder. Next she reapplied her bronze lipstick onto her plump lips before sliding the key into the ignition. She turned the key and nothing. She turned it again to the same silence. Oh boy, this meant disaster. Getting out of the car, she looked around the lot. Most of the cars in the area were already gone. Since she came to the game by herself, this had turned into a huge problem.

She decided her best course of action was to return back into the stadium to seek help. Under her breath she cursed. Why had she kept putting off renewing her roadside service for only fifty dollars a year? Now she had to hope someone would be able to help her, at least get the car started, so she could get herself home.
She locked the car. As she turned to walk back toward the stadium, she heard someone call out, “Miss.” Pia turned around. Walking toward her was a tall, muscular man with dirty blond hair, dressed in jeans and a white buttoned down cotton shirt.
“I see you have a problem with your car,” the blue eyed stranger said. “I thought I’d stop to see if there’s anything I could help you with before I go home.”
Pia turned and pointed at her car. “I don’t know what’s wrong with it. It just won’t start.”
“Let me try.” He held out his hand.
Pia placed the heart shaped keychain in his hand. She watched him get into her car. He tried numerous times starting it, to no avail.
“Do you live close by here?”
“No. I live in Staten Island.”
“Hmm.” He shook his head. “Let me start by introducing myself.” He held out his hand. “I’m Lorenzo Marcus.”
Pia shook it. “I’m Pia Tallisico. Are you a fan?”
Lorenzo chuckled. “Yes I’m a fan. I wouldn’t mind helping you out.”
Pia thought for a few minutes. “Lorenzo Marcus. You just came up from Triple A ball.”
“That’s me,” he grinned. “I can arrange to have your car taken care of tomorrow. I have no problem giving you a ride home.”
“I don’t know about that,” Pia shook her head. “That’s a lot for a stranger to ask another to do for them.”
“Not a problem. I’d like to take you out for dinner.” Lorenzo took his cell phone out of his back pocket. “Give me a few minutes to call my brother, who’s a mechanic. He’ll take care of everything. If it isn’t anything major, he might have it ready by tomorrow afternoon.”

WILD PITCH IS AVAILABLE ON AMAZON. CLICK HERE.
EPUB Nook, Itunes, Kobo, Sono reader and tables. CLICK HERE.

1 comment: